of Grace Bible Chapel
Grace Bible Chapel is a nondenominational, independent, fundamental, Bible-believing, soul-winning church. It is the desire of the Grace Bible Chapel to teach and preach the Word of God in its purest form, because that alone is the method of spiritual growth (1 Peter 2:2; 2 Peter 3:18). It should be the desire of all members of Grace Bible Chapel to uplift our Lord Jesus Christ in our dealings with each other and in the world in which we live (2 Corinthians 3:2).
1. We believe the Scriptures to be the verbal, plenary, inspired Word of God as given in the original writings, accepting fully the writings of the Old and New Testaments and therefore wholly without error as originally given by God and that the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice. (1 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21; John 17:17).
2. We believe that God is a Trinity; one God eternally existing in three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and that God is the Creator of the universe and men. (Deuteronomy 6:4-5; Genesis 1; Matthew 28:19, Matthew 3:16-17).
3. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the only begotten, virgin born, sinless Son of God and is true God and true man. We believe in His sacrificial death and the shedding of His blood for our sins and His bodily resurrection from the dead and His bodily ascension into heaven. (John 3:16; Matthew 1:18-25; 1 Corinthians 15:1-3; Philippians 2:5-8; Acts 1:11; Titus 2:11-13).
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit Who is the third Person of the Triune God who convicts the world of sin, Who regenerates, indwells, enlightens, empowers, guides, teaches, and sanctifies all who become children of God through faith in Christ. (Acts 5:3-4; Matthew 28:19; Genesis 1:2; John 16:8-11; 1 Corinthians 6:11; Romans 8:14).
5. We believe that God created man in His image, that He sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death; that all who descended from Adam are born with a sinful nature and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility become sinners in thought, words, and deeds and therefore in need of salvation. (Romans 5:12-17; Genesis 1:26-28; Genesis 3:1-24; Ephesians 2:3; Romans 6:23; Romans 3:10, 19, & 23).
6. We believe that salvation is fully and graciously given to man as a gift by receiving Jesus Christ as Saviour. That it is a result of believing in the sacrificial death and the shedding of Jesus Christ’s own blood for the sins of the whole world. (Ephesians 2:8-9; 1 John 2:2; 1 Peter 1:18-21; John 3:16).
7. We believe that sanctification is the work of God the Spirit at the time of salvation to set the believer apart fro God’s use. We believe that it is progressive; God working in us the pleasure of His good will. And that it will be ultimately completed at Jesus’ second coming. We believe all who are saved are called into a life of separation from all worldly and sinful practices relying upon the power of the Holy Spirit for victory over sin. (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Romans 12:1-2; Galatians 5:16; 1 John 2:15-17; 2 Peter 3:18; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18).
8. We believe that all believers become sons or children of God by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that all such children of God are eternally saved, indwelt by the Spirit of God until the day of redemption and that each shall have a real and glorified body in a real heaven. (John 1:12; Galatians 4:6; John 10:27-29; 1 John 5:11-13; Ephesians 1:13-14; 4:30; John 14:1-3; Philippians 3:20-21; 1 John 3:1-2; 1 Peter 1:3-5).
9. We believe the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ is composed of all born again believers regardless of denominational attachments. We believe the local church is to be composed of born again, baptized believers meeting together for the purpose of studying God’s Word, fellowship, evangelism, and missionary endeavor. (1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Hebrews 10:25; Acts 2:41-42, 47).
10. We believe that Christian baptism is by immersion, and that it is for a testimony of salvation. We believe that the Lord’s Supper is a memorial of the finished work of Jesus Christ, and should be taken regularly. (Romans 6:4-6; 1 Corinthians 11:23-32; Acts 8:35-39; 16:30-33).
11. We believe in the future bodily resurrection after death: believers to eternal happiness, unbelievers to eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15; Revelation 20:1-6, 11-15; John 14:1-6; Luke 16:19-31).
12. We believe in the existence and personality of Satan, that he is the unholy god of this age and destined to the judgment of an eternal justice in the Lake of Fire. (Revelation 20; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Job 1:6-7; Matthew 4:1-10).
13. We believe in separation of Church and State. (Romans 13:1-7; 1 Timothy 2:1-3; Titus 3:1).
14. We believe that the modern charismatic movement is leading people contrary to the Word of God in that it is a catalyst of the ecumenical movement, a foe of Biblical separation, and a disruptor of local churches. We do not endorse the speaking of tongues in our services.